About Univ.-Prof. Dr. Peter FRANZ
Head of Ear-Nose-Throat Department
Hospital: Rudolfstiftung Teaching Hospital
Address: Juchgasse 25, 1030 Vienna, Austria
Telephon: +43 (0)1 711 65 - 4907
Fax: +43 (0)1 711 65 - 4909
Head of Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Rudolfstiftung Teaching Hospital, Juchgasse 25, A-1030 Vienna, Austria
Medical school graduation:
28.09.1994 Specialist for Otorhinolaryngology
14.10.1997 Medical University of Vienna
Career development and clinical spectrum
- Comprehensive general training in all facets of ENT medicine.
- Highly experienced in the treatment of out- and inpatients, including their surgical management and in the treatment of ENT emergencies.
- High surgical experience, having performed more than 6.000 operations in all subspecialities of ENT medicine, including salivatory gland surgery and general neck surgery. Otologic, oncologic, nasal and sinus surgery are the most common procedures performed in my daily practice.
Main clinical focus
- Otologic and audiometric diagnostics: Pre- and postgraduate lecturer, participation in ENT expert discussions and boards.
- Ear surgery with more that 1.000 independently performed procedures consisting of tympanoplasty, stapedectomy, implantable hearing aids and the correction of genetic ear malformations.
- Surgery of the nasal and lateral skull base.
- Development of a new surgical method for the treatment of Meniere’s Disease (160 operations since 1999).
Scientific scope and development
- 54 peer reviewed articles, 2 reviews, 2 case reports, 4 book contributions, 120 abstracts, 23 presentations on invitation.
- Research scope: inner ear perfusion, cochlear implants, implantable hearing aids, surgical management of Meniere’s disease, surgical treatment of ear malformations.
Placement in university chair selection process
- 2nd place, ENT University Chair, University Innsbruck, 2007
- 3rd place, ENT University Chair, Medical University Vienna, 2008
Medical teaching and special accolades
Undergraduate medical teaching with distinction upon evaluation, Medical University of Vienna.
Acceptance into the Collegium Oto-Rhino-Laryngologicum Amititiae Sacrum, a restricted ENT association with 500 members from 50 countries, held in highest regard across the globe. Only 10 members per country are permitted entrance into this society.